DFO advises of the following Lobster fishery openings in Eastern Newfoundland for 2015, at 0600 hours:
- Trinity Bay (LFA 6), Monday, April 27;
- St. Mary’s Bay (LFA 9B), Thursday, April 30;
- Conception Bay (LFA 7), Friday, May 1;
- Southern Shore (LFA 8), Saturday, May 2;
- Trepassey Bay (LFA 9A), Monday, May 4;
- Bonavista Bay (LFA 5), Friday, May 8.
DFO also announced that the lobster fishery will open at 0600hrs on Thursday April 23, 2015 in Lobster Fishing Area 12, Cinq Cerf to Cape Ray.
Fish harvesters are reminded that they are not permitted to retrieve their gear or possess lobsters during the initial 48 hour gear-setting period.
DFO further advises that the minimum carapace length for lobster is 82.5 millimetres for all Lobster Fishing Areas in Newfoundland and Labrador Region. It is illegal to buy, sell or have in your possession lobsters with a carapace length less than 82.5 millimetres.
Fish harvesters are advised that licence conditions are available on the National Online Licencing System. (NOLS)