Senator Fabian Manning, announced today that the Government of Canada will invest in major improvement projects at 11 small craft harbours in Newfoundland and Labrador.
Funding will provide a safer and more efficient working environment for fishermen and harbour users across the province.
Federal funding of up to $17.6 million is being allocated to harbour improvement projects at the following 11 harbours over the next two years:
- Harbour Breton – wharf reconstruction and breakwater construction
- Belleoram – wharf construction
- Comfort Cove – wharf construction and shore protection construction
- Conne River – wharf construction
- Happy Adventure – wharf reconstruction
- Hermitage – wharf reconstruction
- Joe Batt’s Arm – breakwater wharf reconstruction
- La Scie – wharf construction
- Lumsden – wharf reconstruction
- Pool’s Cove – wharf construction
- Twillingate – small boat basin development
All projects are expected to be completed by March 2017.