The Department of Fisheries and Oceans and the Canadian Coast Guard is seeking public input on the implementation of a new licensing and tags regime for the 2017 recreational groundfish (cod) fishery.
The consultation runs from November 1-30, 2016 inclusive.
A series of meetings will be held throughout the province to allow the public an opportunity to comment on proposed regulatory changes and associated management measures. See full list below.
Feedback can also be submitted online as of November 1, 2016: http://www.inter.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/NL/CC/Recreational-Groundfish-Consultations-2016 or by e-mail: NL.Rec.Groundfish-Peche.Recr.du.poisson.de.fond.TNL@dfo-mpo.gc.ca
Written submissions can also be sent by mail to:
Recreational Groundfish Public Consultations
Resource Management and Aboriginal Fisheries, Fisheries and Oceans
P.O. Box 5667, St. John’s, NL A1C 5X1.
- Thursday, November 3, St. John’s Capital Hotel, 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.
- Monday, November 7, Clarenville, Clarenville Inn, 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 8, Gander, Albatross Hotel, 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 9, Corner Brook, Civic Centre, 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.
- Monday, November 14, Mary’s Harbour, River Lodge Hotel, 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.